APPLY BASIC MICROBIAL CLEANING PRINCIPLES IN TIMES OF COVID-19 PANDEMIC
ProServ South Africa and it’s sister companies offer an ISSA Accredited programme. This programme assists individuals, institutions, companies, and governments to assess their preparedness to respond and recover in critical biohazardous events. It also provides education and training with an emphasis on microbial containment and psychological surety.
The programme focuses on:
- GBAC (Global Bio-risk Advisory Council) protocol for response and remediation
- Understanding COVID-19 and allaying fears
- Understanding the language and terminology associated with the pandemic
- Establishing control measures including:
- Hand Hygiene and protocol; Use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), chemicals and equipment; Cleaning methods and procedures: Preparing to clean and disinfect environmental surfaces; Cleaning floors, carpets and above the floor surfaces; End of shift procedures; Curtailing the spread of the virus in your facility and using social distancing
- Reaction and remediation procedures
What is COVID-19?
On 31 December 2019, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported a cluster of pneumonia cases in Wuhan City, China. ‘Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2’ (SARS-CoV-2) was confirmed as the causative agent of what we now know as ‘Coronavirus Disease 2019’ (COVID-19). Since then, the virus has spread to more than 100 countries, including South Africa.